Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Hometown

Hello!

It has been a week since I left Maryland. Everyday, I dream about Maryland. Even though my body is in Japan, my heart is still in the US!! ^^ haha

Now, I'm in my hometown Niigata. On last sunday, we cereblated my grandaparents' 50th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed BBQ, chatting, golf and watching photos. When I told my grandparents about Maryland program, they were smiling and listening to me. So I was happy^^

On the next day, I went to the beach with my cousins. It was pretty day and we could enjoy swimming. I did surfing for the first time. It was too difficult! I tried to stand again and again, but I could not;; I will go to the beach soon, so I want to try it again!!

And today, I am going to meet my close friend. About a year have passed since I met her last. So I am looking forward to meeting and chatting with her.

Last, during my staying in the US, I experienced and learned a lot of things. Classes about the differences between American and Japanese culture, Washington post, Channel 9, IDB, Prange collection, and so on.. They were really good opportunities because I got interests in new areas. And through these program, I found I loved English! From now on, I want to study English more and more^^

See you!!

4 comments:

Ji Won said...

Kana!

What I really love about the exchange programs like the "AGU in America" is that people not only learn about the new, different culture but also learn to like, enjoy, and develop passion for that culture!

Just as the two weeks provided you with the opportunity to learn to love English and the American culture, the same two weeks have also given me the opportunity to further strengthen my passion for Japan! I want to study Japanese more so that next time I see you, we can talk about a lot of things in both languages and overcome the language barrier!

With that being said, お互いに頑張ろうね!

Oppa

Nina Liakos said...

Hello Kana, it was great to read your post! You've had a busy week since returning to Niigata. A 50th wedding anniversary is an amazing event! How much change your grandparents have witnessed in the world since their marriage. I have never tried surfing but I am sure it is very difficult. Kudos to you for giving it a try, and for wanting to try it again! Good luck on your next attempt!

Don't forget to register for our Yahoo Group so we can stay in touch! See you at Tapped In on the 29th of September!

Hiromi said...

Hello, Kana!
It seems that you've enjoyed staying in Niigata very much, which is great! ^^ How's Niigata's weather?? Is it hot there, too?

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Dennis said...

Hello, Kana.

I can understand your feeling that "Even though my body is in Japan, my heart is still in the U.S.!" I've felt the same way after trips outside Arizona and the U.S.

Your grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary must have been wonderful. I agree with Nina-sensei that they must have witnessed many changes since their marriage. When I was a boy, I had a relative who was 106 years old. She saw Abraham Lincoln! Also, both of my grandmothers were born around 1900, so I've often marveled at all the new things that they saw during their lifetimes.

Niigata must be a beautiful place. I haven't been there, but I just visited the Niigata city website and was fascinated--in particular by the descriptions of the beautiful beaches and the many flowers (especially the tulips).

I'm glad your trip to the U.S. increased your love of English!

Keep blogging!

Best wishes from Arizona--

Dennis from Phoenix