Friday, August 10, 2007

The Channel 9 and the IDB

Aug 8
That day, we went to the Channel 9 and watched a live news in a studio. I learned how to create a TV program, which was interesting for me. I found jobs about broadcasting were attractive! I want to learn about this area more and more (^-^)
After this, we enjoyed bowling and billiards. Actually, I am not good at either…(my bowling score was 54! Ooops!! ) But I had a lot of fun. And I was surprised because it is amazing for university to have a bowling alley in a campus! I envy Maryland bowling alley.

Aug 9
We went to IDB(Inter-American Developed Bank) and had a opportunity to learn about the work of the IDB. Everything in the IDB was new for me, so I had an interesting in the international politics and economics. I really think it was a great opportunity.
At night, we enjoyed an American game, which Sophia taught us. All of us enjoyed all time. So I want to teach the game to my friends in Japan ;-)

Bye-bye!!

3 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Kana!
It must be really fascinating to be able to know about how to create a TV program. ^^ I wish I could be one of them who was there with you guys! Also, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed playing bowling and billiards. I'm sooo bad at playing billiards that my friends even told me "You can aim at any color you want! Just make sure that you make a ball move to somewhere!". So I kind of understand how you felt! Hahaha~.

Also, I also think that it really was a great opportunity to be able to learn about how IDB works. ^^

Laura said...

Channel 9 and the IDB were really interesting, weren't they? I think I might want to learn about those fields as well!

Let's go bowling/play billiards again!

Dennis said...

Hello, Kana.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the Inter-American Development Bank. I didn't know much about it, but I learned a little when I looked at its website.

I'm curious about the game that Sophia taught you. What was its name?

I think you also enjoyed the visit to WUSA Channel 9. I would also have enjoyed learning more about broadcasting and how TV programs are created.

Bowling and billiards sound like fun activities! I'm not a very good bowler, either! It's still fun, though, isn't it?

Continue to enjoy your time in the U.S.!

Best wishes--

Dennis in Phoenix