Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Lake

Hi, everyone! How are you? I’m fine, but a little sleepy;;
Yesterday, after the class, I went to a lake. We enjoyed the wonderful natural views of the lake. Beautiful green, butterflies, flowers, inns!! Before we left there, we played Double Dutch!! Do you know it? That is a kind of performance sports and we dance and do acrobatics using the ropes. It is very interesting. So if you have a interest in this sports, please check You-tube and search ‘Park Jack’ (this is a club name I belong to ^^ )
In the evening, we drunk Bubble Tea. It was my first time to drink it. We were so thirsty, so this juice was really good!

I must go back day after tomorrow. Only 2 days were left for us to stay in the US. I miss you… so I want to enjoy my staying here more and more ^^

Bye-bye.

3 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Kana!
I enjoyed reading your post about the visit to the lake. ^^ I hope to see you play Double Dutch! (Do you play it in the Fuchinobe campus?) I enjoyed the videos of the performances by the club you've belonged to!

Anyway, please keep having a lot of fun through the rest of the program!

Dennis said...

Hello, Kana.

Lake Artemisia looked beautiful in Nina-sensei's photos. Check out this website for even more photos.

In Nina-sensei's photos, I enjoyed seeing several of you doing "Double Dutch" with jump ropes. I also searched for ParkJack on YouTube and saw that there are a lot of ParkJack videos there. I watched two of them: this one and this one.

I was really impressed with those videos! Such energy! Such coordination! It was a wonderful combination of choreography and double-dutch rope-jumping!

Were you in either of the videos that I watched?

Here's a a link to a website that I think you might enjoy.

I hope your remaining time in the U.S. is especially good!

Best wishes--

Dennis in Phoenix

Nina Liakos said...

I was really surprised that Double Dutch is popular in Japan. You did it really well! I was impressed by how you could jump in and then turn around and start turning the rope--that looked really difficult!